Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tale of the two cats



Having two cats at home is rather entertaining. At any point of time, one of them might just slowly strut into your room, looking like it is doing a routine inspection, before strutting out again. Edward just did that as I was typing this. Then on his heels, you can see New new stalking him, ready to pounce on him as he is going through his rounds.


Cats like to be stealthy, and they like to hide. So sometimes it is hard to know exactly where the cats are. Fortunately, it is easier to find two cats instead of just one cat. Whenever I am looking for them, I would just stroll out of my room, and find Ed sitting innocently looking straight at me. That's a clear sign that New new is behind him somewhere, attempting to do something naughty. I have no idea whether Ed is trying to act like the big brother, standing out in the open as a lookout, and putting on the "huh? Nothing is happening here. Move along, move along" face; or he is acting like the tattletale, "I have absolutely nothing to do with whatever she is doing, if she is doing anything at all. See? I am innocent."

I suspect it's the latter. Ed is not very gentlemanly at all. I just dropped some kibbles on the floor for them, and Ed hissed at New new for nosing at the kibbles. It's not even a special treat: they have an unlimited supply of that particular kibbles in their food bowl all the time. New new just ignored him, and walked to Ed's food bowl and ate half of his bowl of kibbles there, while Ed polishes off the three tiny pieces of kibbles I dropped on the floor.

No comments: